When you're a kid, you dream of being many things, a pro athlete, a singer, a doctor and so on. You also dream of winning awards, the Nobel Peace Prize, a Tony, Heisman Trophy and others.
But, I bet you were like a lot of kids, hoping that one day they would grow up and win the Golden Pylon Award. I know I sure did.
Well that dream was realized last night for some LA Traffic Reporters.
The Golden Pylon Awards spotlight true-grit traffic reporters whose on-air traffic talk keeps rush-hour commuters in the know about alternatives to solo driving.
The coveted award ceremony was held last night in LA.
5 Traffic Reporters (which means pretty much everyone in the market) walked away with the Golden Pylon.
- California Highway Patrol Officer Jose Barrios, reporting traffic conditions on FOX 11, Univision 34, Telemundo 52, Radio Mexico and KFRN-Family.
- Ginger Chan (pictured), transit savvy traffic reporter for KTLA-TV and 102.7 KIIS-FM.
- Jeff Baugh, assisting the public in finding better commuting options on KNX 1070.
- Mike O’Brien, bringing up-to-the-minute traffic info on KNX 1070.
- Sabina Mora, helping the public “Beat the Traffic” on KHHT, KFSH, KRLA, KKLA.
Not every kid grows up to win a Golden Pylon, we're betting their Moms are so proud.