ESPN has gotten rid of some high priced talent in recents weeks (i.e. Keith Olbermann) and it looks like they replacing them with lice.
This is the internal memo that went out to ESPN staffers:
As a proactive measure, I am writing to make all of you aware that over the past week, several Talent and Make-up Artists have reported being exposed to lice. We have taken several actions since we learned of the situation Tuesday:
- Members of our make-up team immediately thoroughly sanitized and disinfected the preparation room, prior to servicing any clients on Tuesday;
- Our make-up team is using a sanitization protocol on all instruments, and are using new care products to ensure that no spread can occur;
- We appreciate your patience as we temporarily close the make-up room in Building 4 starting tomorrow morning (Talent will be prepped in the DC-1 and DC-2 make-up rooms);
- Any impacted individuals on the make-up team have checked and treated themselves, and the entire team will remain vigilant to ensure that neither they nor our Talent are exposed to lice; and
- Any Talent who had their hair styled in the exposed area or was exposed to someone known to have lice has been individually informed.
If in the coming days, you have any concerns or experience any symptoms of lice, please see your doctor or reach out to me immediately, so that we can conduct a check for you and discuss any necessary treatment.
We're fairly certain that Scott Van Pelt (pictured) is not in the least bit worried about this problem.