Vice President Mike Pence made a visit to Nebraska last month to take a look at the damage from the massive flooding.
But, many TV stations and the Nebraska Broadcasters Association is crying foul in regards to which stations were given access to the VP.
The Nebraska Broadcasters Association says the Vice President only granted access to his helicopter inspection of flood damage to Sinclair owned KPTM Omaha, other Sinclair stations and Fox News rather than making the station’s coverage part of pool coverage.
In a letter sent to Pence’s office Friday, NBA President Jim Timm says that Pence’s advance team notified broadcasters in the state that there would be no room for media on his helicopter.
“However, upon the Vice President’s arrival, local broadcasters learned that Sinclair’s KPTM was granted exclusive access to the helicopter tour,” the letter says.
“Further, the photographer granted a seat on the flight said his station’s footage was not to be considered ‘pool video’ and the footage was only to be shared with other Sinclair TV stations and Fox News Channel.
A Sinclair executive confirmed the access was granted on those conditions.
Timm said, “This action significantly handicapped local broadcasters across Nebraska from distributing vital information to the victims of this devastation and to the general public.”