Donald Trump has decided to left his ban on Reporters that he said were not fair to him.
CNN's Brian Stelter reports that effective on Thursday, the Trump campaign says it will approve requests for press credentials from The Washington Post, BuzzFeed, Politico, and other news organizations that were previously blocked by Trump.
A campaign spokeswoman confirmed the change on Wednesday. Trump provided a cheeky statement to CNN about the restoration of credentials: "I figure they can't treat me any worse!"
Several Trump aides, including campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, had been lobbying behind the scenes for a loosening of the restrictions against the Post and other news organizations.
Trump's running mate Mike Pence said five weeks ago that he was looking into the issue.
In most cases, reporters from the offending outlets were still able to attend Trump rallies as members of the general public, but without the access and privileges that press credentials provide.
Some journalists took it as a badge of honor. But the rejection of individual news outlets was troubling, some press freedom advocates said, because of possible chilling effects and precedents.
Trump has called Journalists, "The Worst", Horrible people", "dishonest" and "Liars".
Many in the media feel the same way about Trump, that just act a little more grown up about it.