Back in December, FTVLive told you that LA Reporter Carlos Zapata been charged with felony domestic violence after he allegedly seriously injured his wife by throwing a flower pot at her head.
Police said that the pot struck the woman "full force."
Carlos Zapata, a Reporter with Spanish-language station KWHY had his first court date has pled not guilty to the two felony domestic violence charges filed against him.
During his appearance at the Van Nuys Branch of L.A. County Superior Court he pled not guilty to two felony counts of corporal injury on a spouse.
He is scheduled to return on February 2, 2015 for a preliminary hearing date.
Zapata had been working as a reporter for local station MundoFox 22 at the time of his arrest. Since the charges were filed and the company notified on December 10, Zapata’s bio disappeared from the station’s website and he has been off the air.
MundoFox22 would not disclose if Zapata has been suspended or fired, but issued a statement indicating the company does not condone domestic violence and takes the issue seriously.
Obviously they don't take transparency as seriously, since they will not comment on Zapata's employment status.
H/T Media Moves