While Donald Trump continues try and downplay his administration's ties with Russia, his favorite cable news station is also trying to fend off claims of rampant sexual harassment throughout the network.
Reports show that Fox News has paid millions of dollars in settlement claims to women that says they were victims of sexual harassment.
Many of those claims had been levied against former Fox News boss Roger Ailes. But, the NY Times reported that at least $13 million have been paid out to women that says they were harassed by FNC star Bill O'Reilly as well.
O'Reilly denies the claims, but not the fact that millions have been paid out.
CNN, who loves to pile of Fox News whenever they have the chance is out with a story, claiming that there are women at Fox News who want to speak up. But they're afraid.
"They've seen other women stand up for themselves -- against former Fox News chief Roger Ailes, against host Bill O'Reilly -- and lose their jobs as a result. Meanwhile, they've seen those men defended and handsomely compensated by the company," the CNN story says.
Lisa Bloom, an attorney for one of the women who accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment, has also called for an independent investigation into the network.
"Fox News has a very tired tattered playbook, and that is attack, attack, attack, especially against women who speak out against their moneymakers," Bloom said at a press conference Monday. "No company in America has the right to drive out women who complain... That includes Fox News."
Fox News is standing by O'Reilly.
But, there seems to be little doubt that the network is dealing with a huge PR problem.
Although, Fox News continues to watch their ratings soar and many of their faithful are the same people that stand strongly behind President Trump. The same guy that said he likes to grab women "by their pussies" and was still elected President.
Fox News continues to get smacked around in the press, but their ratings remain strong. But, the stories about O'Reilly has finally had some impact on FNC's bottom line. Mercedes has come out and said they are pulling their ads from O'Reilly's show and claim they don't want to be associated with it. Hyundai followed Mercedes lead and did the same.
If we look to the Fox faithful playbook, you should soon see Fox News fans calling for a boycott of the automakers and trying to turn this all around on them.
Some inside Fox News think that O'Reilly may just cut bait and leave the network, but they add that his ego might prevent him from doing so. "He doesn't want to walkout in disgrace like Ailes did," said one Fox News insider to FTVLive.
Fox News could send a clear message that they are serious by sacking O'Reilly. But, unless a bunch (and we mean a bunch) of advertisers pull their support, Fox News is going to stand behind O'Reilly and his antics.
Like it or not, Bill O'Reilly is the face of Fox News, even if the face, is that of a chauvinistic pig.